Sunday, April 27, 2008

Two sumptuous dinner

First of all, I would to introduce 'OLD KINGDOM' restaurant. Their special dish is 'Peking Duck'. Situated in Melbourne, one of the best food I have eaten so far. Yesterday was my second day there. However, yesterday was quite a disappointing one. Luckily I still able to enjoy their delicious meal.
From outside we can see that it is a small restaurant. Size doesn't matter when it comes to food. The taste is the thing that matters. Why do I said that my second visit to there was a bit disappointing? The first time I went there, a young guy served us. Throwing us with some stories bout the duck and some introduction on how to start the meal was entertaining. Apparently the best part of a duck is the skin of the neck. The guy told us it was the dick of the duck, but he was joking after I ate the skin. I agree with him, the neck indeed has the bask skin of a duck.
The second time I visited there, an old man served us. "How are you guy?" he asked. That's all and he cut the duck in front of us and walk of. No more stories and a bit of entertainment before our meal. To eat there, we have to book earlier as they need to get places for us as well as to get the duck ready before we arrive. Every time I visit thee place, it was full with customers.




The Peking roast duck with skin wrap and some cucumber.

Place a piece of the thinly sliced duck meat on the wrap with two pieces of cucumber and some sauce.

Wrap all the things together and it is ready to be eaten now.

Leftover duck meat will be fried with bean sprout and served to us as our second dish.

Then the duck bones and neck will be cooked as soup for us as the last dish.

Three dishes. That's all for the meal. It is delicious. For the food, I can give 4.5 out of 5 points. Eight of us ordered 4 roast ducks and each duck cost around 50 Aud. According to my mum, it is worth it. Maybe because I did not tell her how many ducks we had. I just told her the price of one duck.

Today as in just now...
All of us prepared some dishes for our dinner.
We can see that, Carolyn and Boon Hong getting busy in the kitchen. Basically, Jolyn, Vern Liang, Weng, Boon Hong and I cooked for our dinner. Dinner for 7 people and we prepared 5 dishes.





We had snow peas, fried vegetables, sweet and sour pork, omelet, and fried snapper fish. Seem like no more steamboat this time.







Well, today I manage to watch 2 hours worth of Spongebob Squarepants.
<< The plankton trying to steal the Krabby Patty from Mr. Crab again. Haha. However, I still prefer to watch South Park more.

No comments: