Wednesday, April 23, 2008

2nd day of work.. My BOSS!!

Ah Sui: Kam zhou lei? (Come so early?)
Me: yea. (Yea)
Ah Sui: Lei zhu KL bin dou? (Which part of Kl are you from?)
Me: Gombak go tou. Fu kan Batu Caves. (At around Gombak. Near Batu caves)
Ah Sui: OH.. Wo kei tak. Ko tou yau freeway to Ipoh ke.. (Oh. I remember. There near a highway to Ipoh.)

Talking to the chief when I arrived at work early. He was from Malaysia too. It has been around 20 years he is in Australia. He only manage to get back to his hometown twice so far.

Jason: Cepat sikit.. Cepat sikit.. (Faster.. Faster..)
Me: oh..
Jason: Terimia Kasih. (thank You)
Me: *smile and continue my work..
Jason: Sama-sama. ( you are welcome.)

Talking to my boss, Jason. Practically we all call him by his name even though he is 41 years old. It has been 28 years since Jason arrived at Australia. The place I am working is his 5th restaurant which is a successful one. The others was closed down because he need to sell them of to open this one. Guess when he open this EAST EMPRESS? When he was 20 years old. Jason has not gone back to Malaysia once even for the passed 28 years. Formerly a KL boy too. He is from Methodist Boy School, situated near the Stadium Merdeka. He did economics in Monash before. I think he stopped halfway trough. His wife helped him out in the restaurant. Formerly an aeronautical engineer student but stop halfway after married to Jason.

I was again amazed to listen to Jason's story. His fifth restaurant at the age of 20? To me, he can be consider successful. Especially when he started his career at the age of 20 and it was stable till now. I am 20 this year. WHAT FARK!! I am still using my parents money. I am nowhere to compare with him. I admire his capability. However by just admiring is useless. I will have to start something from now. It is still not too late.

Working with them remind me of Malaysia. Jason nearly forgot how to speak Malay language. Can't blame him because he hasn't been using that language for 28 years. Spoke Hakka language with the chief. (Hakka is a Chinese dialect.) So far working there is not bad. However I will still need another job.

Today has been a good day. Andreas lend me his monthly Metcard since he is not traveling anywhere today. I need them to go to my workplace. Later on, my friend from work fetch me home after work. Save me a lot of trouble. All this lead me to a conversation I had last night. Kyle said that my friends here are lucky to have me. However, all this while I am the lucky one. I am lucky to have known every single one of my friend. Without them, I won't get this far. I don't think I will become who I am today without them
(Kyle, it is the other way around. I am lucky to have friends like you guys.)

Luckily I don't end up like the E robot. Gazing at the star alone.

No comments: