Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Amateur Photographer

It is 4.41am. I should be sleeping. I am tired, a bit sick, as well as having stomachache. Might as well find some stuffs to do. For instance update my blog? I should. There are a few posts that I should have update earlier. Well, a lot of things happened in the past two weeks I guessed. Today, my friends and I were still surprised that we had already started our classes. Time really flies. Two weeks of holiday had gone.

Amateur photographer. Yea, on the 30th of December. I got hold on a DSLR camera. Cost around 2000 AUD. What I can say is, the camera is worth the price. So on the day, it rains early in the morning when four people had decided to go for a trip around Mornington. Cherry picking and Strawberry picking were the main events for the day. Pictures taken by Sam Cheong
First of all our destination was the Cherry picking farm. Well, we will have to pay 8 AUD to pick the Cherry. It was cool as we are able to eat as much as we like in the farm. As usual, I haven't taken my breakfast. It was indeed a feast for me. We reached there kinda early, there wasn't many people around. Perfect for us to go wild around the farm.

Left: Cherry trees
Right: The fruits on the trees






After loitering in the farm for around 2 hours, we moved on to Strawberry Farm. It wasn't far away from our first destinations. However, there are a lot of people in the Strawberry farm. Guess more people like Strawberry than Cherry. Well, we again paid 8 AUD per entry and we are only allowed to bring home 500g each. It is enough for us as we do get to eat as we pluck for our own.
Seem like looking for Strawberries is not an easy task.

Left: Model of the day (Ing Ing)
Picture taken by Sam Cheong










After we had our lunch of Strawberries as well as Cherries, we head over to Flinders. It is famous for lots of fishing fans as there are many types of fishes can be found there. The port was build and made easy for fishing as well as divers. Practically, we did not get to fish on that day as we did not get ready anything for it. However, we manage to get good pictures at the place.

On the left, we can see the port. One of the well-known fishing spot. I also heard that, Salmon can be fished here. It is all depends on the weather. Seems like fishing does require some knowledge.





After that, we went to Capestown light house. Another great place with beautiful sceneries.
One of the magnificent scene.

Few of the pictures taken around the light house. Some of my favorites.






Last and not least. We do have group pictures taken.

The group picture was divided into two. Seem like a double date? Nah, it isn't. Trust me.





Well, that is the end of the trip with all those pictures that I had taken. For the whole trip, I had taken about 300 to 400 pictures and not more than 20 seem nice. This is what we call a perfectionist. Of so many pictures, there are only a few which can be kept. However, I am still an amateur in handling the camera. I will need lots of experiences in handling it. Right now, what I have to learn is composition in picture taking. It is not easy. It can only be perfected trough experiences. Seem like, I do have some talent in this field too.

Scenes taking, objects taking, human taking and etc... They acquire different skills. It is really different from the normal digital camera that we use regularly. DSLR. It will just make you fall in love with picture taking.

No comments: