Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Chinese. Malaysia Chinese.

I just have to post something even though I should be busy preparing for my exams. Well, can't blame me. I have been up since 4am and revise till now. With two classes in between. I do need a break. Cramming things up in the head won't help much before exams.

"Sam, you Malay rite?" asked Andreas.
"Fuck!! I am Chinese," I said
"I mean you are from Malaysia," he asked again.
"Yea," I answered.
He then turned away telling people that he is right bout the Malaysian Chinese will get irritated when called them Malay even though what they meant was, we are from Malaysia. That is for sure. Do you like being associated with corrupted bunch of ungrateful group of people? No way. Not only ungrateful but racist as well. I thought even though we Indians and Chinese from Malaysia should have the equal status. CUT THE CRAP. Many of my friends already know bout how dirty and dark in Malaysia politic. It is nice to know that, they are not even from Malaysia. And lastly, I am CHINESE and not Malay even though I am from that country. If only Malaysia's has been a better place for the other races then I don't you guys making that mistake.

Maybe Indonesia Chinese don't mind people calling them Indon because they are earning big bucks there as Chinese. They manage to exploit the natives there and live a good life.

As usual, during maths tutorial, we all had a lot to discuss. Last week, we discussed bout those who is going back to hometown and I start asking each of them whether who is going back.

Andreas. Going back to Indon. When he said that, Fendi quickly asked him. Is it safe for you to go back? Do people get shoot in the airport? *Thinking that Indonesia is very dangerous now. I did answer for Andreas. "Well, he got too many bodyguards back there and they will just take the shot for him." Indon labor is too cheap and the Chinese is too rich.

Later, I asked Han. He is from Myanmar and Fendi questioned him again. "Going back to help your people?" It is all joke and Han knew it. That day we all got a bit crappy for not sleeping on the night before. Interviewed out tutor... And he amazed us with his qualifications. He did three years of Civil Engineering before he decide to drop it and take Bachelor in Maths later on in Master of Maths and lastly PHD in Maths. What the fuck!! And now he is stuck with us in our tutorial class. Basically he is also a very good computer programmer and he can read or work with the binary numeral system. What the hell is this guy doing. Well, According to him, he dun like to work outside. I did ask Han whether I can visit his place some time in the future. It will be cool. I have only seen Myanmar from the Thailand border and have not actually been in it. So far, I think only Fendi, Dan and me staying back for the holiday. Others all going back. So UNCOOL.

What is left to be completed these two weeks? 1 more computing quiz, 1 more physics lab quiz and 3 more papers to go. And also activities for next Friday!? Have to come up with something after our last paper. Maybe on how to party till morning.... Any ideas? Give me some.

Seem like I got to go et ready for my revision now. That's all people.

No comments: