Monday, September 20, 2010

The Train Ride

As usual, the same train ride from Melbourne Central to Clayton railway station. The ride will take around 35 minutes and tonight ride seem different from before. I always take the train whenever I visit the city, lately I took the ride more often as I am working in the city.

Tonight, the train ride seem different. It seems longer than usual. However, the time in my watch state that it took about the same amount of time. Time seem slower tonight in the train. I took the 10.30pm train from Melbourne central. Sat in a corner in one of the carriages of the train. The train was packed with people. At that moment. the scene seems familiar. The scene seem to be taken out from some movie where the main character sat down quietly in a corner with a lot of people in the train talking to each other. However, the whole atmosphere was dead quiet for him as the voices did not reach his ears at that moment. This time I was the main character.

With a heavy feeling, I gazed through the window into the dark night. In life, you may get a lot of friends but quality friends only come in a very small number. Tonight I had reached a breaking point. Usually I am able to hold the feelings but tonight emotion got me. It seems that I had similar situations in the past before. Everything just kept flashing in my mind and I couldn't take it any more and needed somewhere to throw them in.

From the flashes, these feelings that I had before was back in 2007 after I sent my best friend off to England to study at KLIA. The drive home in the car is indeed a long drive. The second time will be when I left Australia for the first time for my studies. This time will be when, my Taiwan friend leaving Melbourne. Seem like it will be take a long time for me to meet up with them again.

This is life. An ending to an event marks a beginning of something new. Even the longest felt railway will reach its destination.


No one like losing things. Especially when it comes to be separated with people you cherish. One of the moment that I hate the most but yet life goes on.

Emotion can really be hard to hold back. How come I can;t hold back this time? Too tired? I thought it is because the date is 19th September. Well, after the clock strike 12 and the date changed to 20th September, I realised that it is not because of the date.

Is it because about what happened few days ago that had even become the reason that I can;t sleep for the whole night? Nah, I can handle those stuff easily. I even had forgotten about them.

I am tired now. Tomorrow, I will still have to go to the city again to get my air ticket to China. China tour and intern. I will miss my friends. They had been awesome. In life, I have gotta admit, it is not easy to meet awesome people that you really like to spend time with. Today my friend said something that made me realize, "It doesn't matter where you travel to and what you had done, it is about who you have been with and those memories count.".

No comments: