Thursday, September 23, 2010

Dedicated

Cuban is the original place for the cocktail Mojito. It was also considered as one of the cocktails that every bartender should know. The citrus, blend in with the minty and sweet taste is not easy to make.

My co-worker, friend, Marlon took around 9 months to perfect the drink. 9 months just to perfect a drink that seem simple to make.

Yesterday I was delighted as both my manager, Martin, and Marlon taught me a lot of things. Learned two cocktails and they are the Sex on the Beach, and Sour. Sex on the Beach might have different variation to it, but I will definitely try them out to see what is the difference.

Shaking was said to played an important part in cocktail making. Shake and roll differ depending on the type of spirit we use. Breaking the ice or having it dilute faster might destroy the taste for some spirits while at the same time will be able to soften the taste for the others.

Making a cocktail need dedication to it.

"If you want to be a bartender that make drinks for everyone then follow by the book. But if you are going to make it special then you will have to use replace the ingredients in the book with high quality ingredients."
- Martin

I agree with this saying. Marlon also told me something that caught my attention, while shaking the cocktail, we have to put a bit of heart into it. It is amazing to discover the art of making as well as enjoy these drinks.

While drinking sour, we have to drink with the foam together. The foam actually make the drink smoother.

No comments: