Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A Glass of Almond Tea

Early morning at 6.48 am, I am enjoying a glass of almond tea. So far, I did a bit of study on groundwater. This mean, I woke up too early. It is not that bad. Downloading a movie, "The Time Traveller's Wife". For those who had watched the movie, "The Notebook", will know bout this movie as well. I had heard about the movie for quite sometimes. It has been regarded as one of the best love story ever.

Seriously, what am I doing so early. Just can't sleep. Tomorrow still have an engineering expo that I will have to attend. A lot of people will be going. Since tomorrow is the day for management class. I think I will just read up tomorrow lectures and skip it. There will be a lot of engineers at the expo. It will be a great time to learn and see ho things go in the world of engineers.

Can't imagine that I finally settled down on a definite course. Now that I am in third year, I can't change course any more. Few yews back, I used to be a mindless teenage having lots of fun in my college and wasted a year trying to decide on what I should take. Time passes really quick. It seems like just yesterday that I made that decision to come over here to study engineering.

I like to talk about my college life because that is the time when I had encountered a lot of things. From family to friends, ups and downs, we all grew up in our own way.

Just now, while chatting with a friend, I realised that everyone around me had changed. Even those course mates had changed. Look different. Are we maturing or we are just preparing ourself in order to be able to blend into the society in the future. One thing that surprised me is that a lot of engineering students had changed the way of them presenting themselves. COOL! Yesterday morning, I read a book PARANOIA. In the book, there is one thing that I agree with, it is not about what we have, it is about how we sell ourself.

How should we sell ourself depends on us. Beside being ourself, we will also need to consider about what the society wants. It is like marketing. Now, we just have to market ourself. Every successful people know who they are and they market themselves appropriately. Self confidence, look good, smile, be comfortable might be some of the basics. After the basics, it leads to some add-ons which define yourself and make you different from the others.

The sun is rising. It is time for me to get ready. I should take my time this morning. I still have plenty of time.

No comments: