Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Big dreams.. Dare to DREAM?

Lately.. Have been very busy. I guess so. Besides, assignments and studies piling up, I will still have to do my job (Which I have been slacking on it a bit) and also have to look for a new place to stay. Currently, no house, and bunk at one of the friend's place.

Big dreams. Something which everyone has. I hope so. One thing for sure, when young, it is something that we all have. As people grow, as they are being expose to the society, they will gradually forget about their dream. Most of the successful people in this world are successful because they DARE to dream. DREAM BIG! Something which I agree on. As we walk into the society, we encounter with many experiences which make us to be materialistic as well as realistic.

Last week or maybe last two weeks, I still remember the day when we celebrated the Mid autumn festival, one of my friend, Kristine and I went to Dockland. We went there to look at some event and try to learn something from them. Business minded I guess. After we had attended the event, we went for a walk around the Dockland Harbor. Sun was setting, the wind was blowing, perfect evening for a stroll and relax a bit. Then we came across a few yachts at the harbor. We did something which all normal person will do. Stand there and admire them. Besides that, we also did something extra, we each took a picture with it and decide to put it in front of our study table. We shall keep reminding us that, it is our dream to get one yacht for the each of us. Guess that we are the 20% who decide to do something extra that is dare to DREAM BIG and take action.

When, I look back at the picture we took at the harbor, it remind me of my primary school teacher. Mrs Hetal, who taught us "Kemahiran Hidup" I think. I am sure that I got her name right. Last time, I use to think that her lesson was some bullshit teaching us about how those successful people manage to make it and how some people manage to achieve their dreams. At that time she actually took the initiative to print, look for informations on those stories and passed it to us. Well, at that time we are some mindless, childish students especially me, do not even care about it. When I think back now, kinda appreciate what she had taught us. It is still within us even though after so many years.

Well, I got myself a board to pin the picture up.

No comments: