Sunday, August 31, 2008

August 31st

August 31st. I still remember when I was in Malaysia, I would always complain at this particular date. Why? Cause all the shops and entertainment will close down to celebrate the National Independence Day. I still remember when I was a small kid, when Astro was still unavailable in my house, I will complain more as there are no movies or cartoons played in the TV channels.

Still remember last year, my cousin was one of the MCA party members brought me to Stadium Merdeka for the celebration. Well, normally people don't get VIP view if we are not belong to any of the parties. I am not the patriotic type of person but I still tagged along as I know it can be quite an experience for me. Watching the whole celebrations in front of the crowd. That was last year event. I still remember I did shake hand with the MCA president. Did I? And who is he again?

This year, they do have celebration in Melbourne. At some hotel. Some of my friends did ask me to go but to me, I will celebrate it next time when I am back in Malaysia. Not here.. Not now..

Wish all the Malaysian, Happy Independence Day. Hope Malaysia will turn up to be a better place for all.

No comments: