Thursday, March 27, 2008

Momba Festival..

Lol. It took me quite some time to update my blog. Since now I have internet at my place then it is convenient for me to update my blog. This festival was two weeks ago Yarra river in Melbourne City. Moomba festival.

Introduction:
"Moomba Waterfest over the years
Moomba, now known as Moomba Waterfest, is one of the largest and longest running festivals in Australia. Over the years, it has involved tens of thousands of performers and holds a special place in the hearts of the city’s citizens.
Since its inception in 1955, the festival has given generations of Melbourne families many special childhood memories.
From the carnival rides and the speed of the Moomba Masters International Water Ski Championships, to the colour and charm of the Moomba Parade and the wonderful flying machines of the Birdman Rally, Moomba Waterfest offers something for everyone!
The festival continues to evolve, constantly realigning itself to express Melbourne’s distinctive and dynamic city culture. As it moves into its sixth decade, the event remains central to the city’s community festival program
."

Moomba's name. Simply means "Up your bottom". Believe it? Back to the history when Bill Onus, the president of the Australian Aborigins League needed a name for the new festival when a perfomer gave the name to the Melbourne City Council believing that "Moomba" means "Let's get together and have fun".


An overview of what Moomba festival has it in. If I am gonna compare, I will say that Moomba festival is like a combination of fun fair and portable Genting Highland with exciting rides and performances.










Everyone sitting along the Yarra River waiting for the fireworks performance. The fireworks will be shot from the middle of the river. Everyone just can't wait for the moment.






Fun fair? Game booths. One of it in the festival.








A slide that is as tall as 3 storeys building constructed in it. 3Aud for a ride. It is the cheapest there. A space shot there cost 20Aud which is equivalent to one day indoor+outdoor theme park in Genting Highland. They even have corkscrew and other thriller rides.




Another booth which I visited. Boon Hong and I bet that Weh Jhe will like this game a lot. It's all bout shooting the frogs into the leaves petal in the pond.






The FROG's LAUNCHER. Go you, frog..








WTF.. After 2 tries, I only got this UGLY FROG chocolate. Well, Wen Jhe might love this but not me. I don't even like eating it. It is too sweet.






The Highlight of the day...
See the menu? Try CB's special. I didn't know that CHIBAIs also got special. One of the food stall located in Moomba festival. It actually mean Banana Chocolate.






Boon Hong: I LOVE CBs.

No comments: