Monday, March 10, 2008

Kayaking.. A great lose..

29th Feb.
Before I go on to the title "Kayaking.. A great lose". I would like to talk bout my poker tournament game a little. Yea. I lost in the tournament. However, I do gained something from it. Experiences. After few rounds of fold, I manage to grab a large sum of chips with a hand of full house consist of triple 8 and double 7. NICE HAND!! Praised by everyone around. Got a bit cocky after that. Later on I waited till I got n Ace and Queen in hand. It is a nice hand. It is obvious that I should go for it. The table cards were concist of small cards. After all the raising and checkings with a guy, I got beaten by a pair 2. He only got an Ace and 2 on his hand. He was fucken lucky to have a 2 out on the table. Lost half of my chips on that round. The guy who beat me is a young guy proably few years older than me. Nevermind on that round.
Got another good hand with an Ace and king. Same situation I am having but with better hand cards. This time another cool guy in his 30s wearing sunglasses raises the game with me. Can't even see his expression behind those sunglasses. I feel like going up to him and say " Eih, u can see your cards with your shade on?". Raise like nobody business. The table cards have no doubles or anything. My hand seem like I have a good chance. At last that guy raises till I have to throw in every single of my chips in. And again luck was not on my side. He got another small pair and I don't. I lost. It was fast but later on Daniel did give me some advice and I will learn from that on my next game.

1st March
Bright and sunny day. Best for outdoor activities. Woke up early in the morning and laze around till Vern Liang called us to meet up at Lygon park. Practically we are going to have picnic at Studley Park. I and Boon Hong bought some chips and cookies as our contribution for the picnic. It was easy and cheap. We do not have to wake up and mess up the kitchen for nothing.

Later on meet up with a lot of Melbourne Uni people and made some friends. (Sorry that i forgot all of the names except for Mus) It was only a 30 minutes bus ride to the place.

Yarra River, Studley Park
There are a lot of people there. BBQ meat smell was all over the place and our stomachs were growling as we were looking for a nice spot to sit.





Finally, we found a nice place under the shade. Everyone brought some food along and we shared with each other. Everyone prepared those food themselves and we even had sushi. It was delicious. Manage to finish most of the food. However, the food that I brought was untouched. Gonna bring them home and finish it by ourself.



Walking around after the meal.








The bridge to cross over the Yarra river.








The main objective. Boating session. The scene from the jetty.








Picture that i took while kayaking.








Last picture on the day before my boat capsized and soaked my handphone. Lost my sunglasses in the water. That is a big lost to me. I only got that glasses for not even 2 months.
(Maybe i can't camwhore. Too yong sui or leng chai?)

No comments: