Sunday, March 30, 2008

Earth Hour

Kenneth: Sam, heard bout the earth hour before?

While I was getting ready my dinner, my friend threw me that question. I replied yes as I have heard bout it from Vern Liang after a dinner at Old Kingdom. Earth Hour. It is easy to participate. Just by switching off all the lights in the house for an hour. I was able to participate the Earth Hour yesterday at from 8pm to 9pm. Basically Earth Hour is to promote electricity conservation and lower down the carbon emissions. Since Melbourne included in the act, why not try it out.

It is true that Earth is experiencing global warming. We can't deny the facts that the Earth might be turning warmer by itself. However, we human has fasten the pace of that and making it worst.

Have a view at the trailer below..



Strongly recommended movie by me as it really tells us about the global warming. (Actually Kenneth recommended the movie.) Before this, I do believe in global warming and didn't really pay much attention to it as I thought it is a long process and it might not be very serious yet. Till I watch the film presented by the former United State Vice President Al Gore, I changed my perspective over the global warming.

For better understanding, wiki An Inconvenient Truth. You will be able to find a lot of information on the movie.


My room.. How it looked when I participated the Earth Hour.

I seriously hope that Malaysia will take part in it. Maybe TNB doesn't think we need because we always have power failure in Malaysia. An hour act of this can shows that Malaysians care for the Earth and it will remind them of what is happening to the Earth.

No comments: