Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Proposal

Just finished watching the movie, "The proposal". Nice and funny movie. this movie portrait two person who try cheat the immigration with marriage. Apparently, the girl's vise had expired and she came out a proposal for his assistant, that if he is willing to marry her so that she can continue to stay in New York, then he will get the job that he wanted in the company. The stories continues as the girl follow the guy back to his hometown and their feelings began to develop.

In this stories I realized something. I realized that jealousy isn't that bad. We do get unsure of certain things or there are things or feeling that is developing within ourself, but we haven't realized it. However, jealousy often point out what do we want. in the movie, the girl basically realized that she love him whenever the guy talks to his ex. Well, she is jealous of the guy's ex.

I am not really good at writing synopsis. I shall stop here for the movie. I fear that I might ruin the storyline with my poor English.

Intended to sleep. But I can't sleep. Weird. This is no good. Usually, when I don't sleep, I will think bout lots of things. Things from the past mostly. Things that I really miss.

By the way, there is another from the movie. In the movie, the main character's dad actually wants him to inherit the family business. However, his intention has caused the son to flee to New York for his career. His mum however disagree with his dad fearing that the son might not be back to visit the family. Well, the whole point here is family business. While watching the movie, I remember the time when I was making my decision to study Civil Engineering. At that time, my mum did advise me to take up Mechanical so that I can continue my dad's business in the future. As usual, I go with my own decision. All this while, I have been thinking, my parents let me make my own decision. Helping me. Giving me choices. However, my dad's business might has been his blood and life. It wasn't easy for him to start up. Maybe in his mind, it will be great that we can actually continue the thing. However, when I make the decision, have I being selfish? I only think about what I want. I had thought only bout me wanting to prove myself that I myself can build up my own future without even understanding their feelings. Maybe I had. I am grateful that they respected me. They have always encourage me to go with my decision. Even when I am wrong, they are there to guide me. My friend is right. I am very lucky that my parents are open minded and letting me to lead my own life.

Today while chatting with my friends, I realized something. Randomly, I said "Maybe because my parents know that I am rebellious so they prefer to give me more space." Maybe it is true. Well, I am still grateful that they really believe in me.

besides that, there is something exciting this morning. I am still in my "Exam Period". This morning, we left the the house at 8.30 am for our 9.30am paper at Caulfield. The trip from Clayton to Caulfield usually only takes about 15 to 20 minutes. However this morning, the traffic was surprisingly congested. Some of our friends nearly late. Luckily none was late because the paper had being delayed. Well, as for us, we practically took the bus lane and the service lane all the way to Caulfield. A lot of local might cursed us, "Bloody Asian". Sorry, we do not have a choice. We are not going to let what we had studied for the past few days to go into the drain. It was exciting. Cutting trough the lanes, speeding along the road and discuss whether to take or not to take the lanes.

Well, this is another wordy post. When one can't sleep, he/she tends to run a lot of things in their mind.

No comments: