Saturday, December 4, 2010

Bars

Everyone have places that they like to hang out at. For me, I like beaches and mountains but I only can go to those places during trips or holidays. During work or study, whenever I am stressed or down, I love to go to bars. So far in Australia I have not found any bars that I like. Untill recently I found Der Raum.

In Malaysia, I love Sky Bar. High above at the the rooftop of the Traders Hotel, have a few sip of drinks and the view across the Kuala Lumpur city at night is awesome. The cold wind brushing across your face with a band playing some music in front. AWESOME!

It has been a long time since I gave that place a visit. The last time I went there was with my best friend. A week before she left for her further study in Edinburgh. I still remember that night, she ordered a chocolate based flavoured cocktail while I ordered a kiwi based flavoured cocktail.

The day before yesterday, after hanging out in city, I went to Der Raum. Der Raum is to be pronounced "The Room" in some foreign language. I was to meet up with my friends but I got there earlier. Upon reaching the bar, I can't see what i happening inside. A great hideout.

Pushed open the door, a few people sitting in front of the bar and some sitting in groups enjoying the drinks. I got myself a seat in from of one of the bartender named Steph and she gave me an opening drink before I ordered the "Pharmacy". One of their classic in year 2008.

While enjoying my drinks, I was entertained by the bartender's flair while making drinks for the others. It was amazing. The scent of each cocktails made by them did came by around me and I was thrilled each time I see a new cocktail been made.

They are good. Really good. If I want to be that good, or maybe to achieve half of what they have, I will have to get a new place to work. I will have to have a car and get ready to work all night. Time to sacrifice my health again I would say. It's all for my interest.

No comments: